Caps & Dampers Installation in Hermitage, TN
Chimney Caps & Dampers
A chimney cap is critical to the efficiency of your chimney as it protects your chimney from animals, rain, and debris. Chim Chimney offers a wide variety of chimney caps to fit every taste and budget.
We also recommend chimney dampers be installed in your chimney. The damper serves several purposes within a chimney. The most important thing a damper does is conserve energy in your home. A fireplace without a damper is like having a window in your home open year round. Installing a top mount damper will seal off the chimney when not in use. This will prevent heat or cold air from escaping through the flue, saving you money on heating and air costs.
Critters in Chimney
Birds, squirrels, raccoons and other animals love to set up house in chimneys. The isolated space is ideal for many mama critters to nest, hatch, and nurture their babies. A chimney without a cap is the perfect habitat because the animals have free access in and out. Over time, their nests become quite elaborate and can block the flue, causing Histoplasmosis (a dangerous fungus found in the droppings of birds and bats in humid areas) to form in your chimney.
Most people are not aware that the Migratory Bird Treaty Act makes it illegal to remove or relocate an active nest. A chimney cap is the perfect solution to keeping animals out of your chimney. Not only will it prevent animals from nesting, but it will prevent rain and debris from entering your chimney as well.
Current Job Openings
Chimney Sweep Technician and Sales Representative
Chimney Sweep Technician and Sales Representative (year round work)
We are Nashville's leading Chimney Company. We clean/inspect wood burning and gas fireplaces and dryer vents as well as install, replace, rebuild, and revitalized chimneys and fireplaces.
We are in the need of a skilled individual who is a great communicator. This person must be very organized and not afraid of heights. We provide all training. Individuals who pass all training requirements have the chance to become Certified Chimney Technicians. Certified technicians earn on average $60,000 to $100,000 per year.
Great Benefits and Bonus Opportunities:
- Paid Time Off
- Company Cell Phone
Great Workplace With Family Atmosphere
You will enjoy the variety of tasks and the interaction with the customers and fellow team members.
- Work directly with team members to assess and diagnose issues in all aspects of fireplaces and chimneys.
- Maintain service records
- Learn all codes related to chimneys and dryer vents
- Maintain your knowledge of policies and procedures and their proper application including efficiency, service, and quality targets
Technical experience in sales, construction, masonry, knowledge, and use of hand tools and power tools, and proven ability to deliver great customer service is a plus.
- Must maintain a good driving record in compliance with company requirements.
- Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen and a background check. Must possess a positive working attitude and be a team player
- Ability to move heavy equipment and machinery without fear of heights
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you willing to submit to a drug and background screening?
- Sales and/or Construction: 1 year (Required)
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Get Started