Keeping your chimney brick in excellent condition makes your home look more attractive, keeps you comfortable during cold weather, and protects your family. At Chim Chimney, we’re experts in chimney brick repair, with over 20 years of experience and the right tools for the job. If you’re worried that your chimney has problems, don’t wait. Contact the chimney experts in Nashville, TN, to solve the issue quickly and correctly.
The Importance Of Chimney Brick Repair
When the chimney has cracked mortar or crumbling bricks, making repairs as soon as possible is a big deal:
- Moisture protection: Cracked bricks or mortar allow moisture from wind, snow, and rain to leak inside, potentially causing problems with mold. Water damage can affect many parts of your home, even weakening the underlying structure.
- Indoor air quality: One of the most important reasons to contact us right away for chimney brick repair is to keep your family safe and sound. Crumbling or broken bricks can allow dangerous gases to leak into a room, such as carbon monoxide.
- Roof structure: As rooftop bricks crack and crumble more and more, the chimney’s structure gets less stable. Depending on the size and weight of your chimney, this can cause a dangerous collapse that damages your roof and fireplace.
- Invaders: A damaged chimney can allow unwanted critters to get inside the home. This can cause fireplace blockages and other pest problems that are a headache to deal with.
- Home appearance: Calling brick repair pros also have to do with your home’s style. Whether you have a cozy bungalow, classical stone exterior, Colonial home, French Country look, or something contemporary, your chimney needs to fit the look of your home. We can rebuild chimneys so they match your design vision perfectly.
Chimney brick prevents rain, moisture, dirt, and other contaminants from entering the house. At the same time, it directs fireplace gases outside, keeping smoke outside of the room. And did you know that chimney brick in good condition even helps your fireplace feel warmer during wintertime?
What Does Chimney Mortar Repair and Brick Repair Include?
Chimney brick repair involves replacing broken or crumbling bricks with new brick. It also means applying new mortar to joints around these bricks. Some projects only require small repairs and others involve replacing almost all of the brick in the chimney. Our team is happy to take on projects of any size, no matter how small or complex they are.
If the brick itself is still in good condition, then you may only need chimney mortar repair. This is called tuckpointing. The important thing is to ensure that the chimney’s structure is strong and that smoke and moisture can’t leak into the home.
Why Is Chimney Repair Needed?
Like any outdoor material, brick and mortar are exposed to the elements, including rain, snow, and ice. Inside your fireplace, brick has to stand up to high temperatures and soot, too. Over time, these temperature changes and moisture can wear down brick surfaces. The portion of the chimney above the roof tends to break down more quickly.
How Can You Tell When It’s Time To Call a Chimney Repair Company?
The main problem to look for are bricks that are broken or crumbling. Also, mortar that is missing pieces or has deep cracks means you need chimney mortar repair. Obviously, when the damage is inside the fireplace, it’s easier to detect. How can you tell if bricks above your roof need to be repaired or replaced? Have our team perform a chimney inspection to find out.
- Rust: You should never see rust inside the fireplace. This is a sign that moisture from outside is getting inside, so there’s a problem somewhere above.
- Chimney debris: Keep an eye out for large pieces of brick or mortar either inside the fireplace or on the ground below your roof. These pieces can let you know that the chimney is damaged.
- White staining: If your chimney brick looks white instead of red, this is called efflorescence. It’s caused by moisture getting inside the brick. This is a sign that some of the bricks are starting to crack and crumble.
The truth is that you shouldn’t have to be a chimney expert. You should be able to just sit back, relax, and enjoy a beautiful fireplace. That’s what annual preventative maintenance is for. Our team catches small issues with the fireplace, flue, or chimney itself before they get worse. We can see chimney surfaces above the roof and take care of chimney brick repair as needed.
Why Call Chim Chimney for Chimney Brick Repair in Nashville, TN?
A chimney is something many homeowners take for granted, but it’s essential for enjoying a beautiful and functional fireplace. And remember, your fireplace adds a lot of value to your home, whether it’s in your bedroom, living room, or covered patio. It’s an excellent investment. For many homebuyers in Nashville, TN, a fireplace is one of the biggest items on their wish list.
At Chim Chimney, we have a great reputation as fireplace experts in Nashville, TN, and surrounding areas. We’re the go-to chimney repair company for any type of chimney installation, cleaning, fixes, or replacement services. Our friendly team provides high-quality solutions you can afford, and we’re fully certified, bonded, and insured.
Contact us online 24/7, 365 days a year, to get a free estimate for chimney brick repair or mortar repair. Or call us right away at (615) 364-8987.
Featured Image: Sylwia Brataniec/Shutterstock
Read C Watts J.‘s review of Chim Chimney on Yelp